My Adventure @iStrategyLabs Ends and a New One Begins

For more than 4 years now I’ve devoted my life to laying the bricks that have built one of the most innovative and successful digital agencies in the country. Today marks the beginning of a new journey for me as I begin the very important work of transitioning myself out of a company I helped build, and love dearly. My time at iStrategyLabs has afforded me the opportunity to grow into the Mega-Ultra Nerd I always knew I wanted to be, and for that, I am tremendously grateful. I’ll always be indebted to my incredibly talented colleagues that worked along side me as iStrategyLabs grew from one driven visionary, to two brothers challenging each other to do the impossible, and finally to the powerhouse digital agency it is today.

DC has given so much to not only me, but also to my incredible wife, Claire, and our little pug Olive; we owe this city so much for the success we have seen over the last 4 years, so my departure from iStrategyLabs is in no way a departure from the DCTECH community. In fact, I plan to be more involved then ever before. I’m not fully ready to reveal my next venture yet, but I will say you can count on it being incredibly nerdy, fun, and centered around supporting only the most fearless entrepreneurs among us.

Below is a beta logo for the new venture I’ll be working on in 2013. Yes, it is in fact a honey badger holding a rocket launcher. Stay tuned for more soon… If you need to get in touch with me, I can be reached @joecorbett or via my personal email, josephcorbett@me.com.

8 Responses to “My Adventure @iStrategyLabs Ends and a New One Begins”

1. avatar
    Joseph Rooks December 3, 2012 at 11:39 am #

Whoa… With a logo like that, it can’t be anything but awesome.

Congrats on your “next thing.” :)

2. avatar
    Nigel Ballard December 3, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Leaving! But but you are the calm benevolent face of ISL, who will temper the hot-hotheadedness that remains?

I love the new logo even if it isn’t the final artwork.

You will of course do very well as ultimately people like working with people they like. Add talent to that mix and the skates of industry will indeed get waxed!

Cheers Nigel

3. avatar
    Fabu Net December 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Joe,

I have always genuinely loved you like a little brother and held you in a very high regard (missed you at the Glen Hansard concert). I wish you the best in your new venture and know you will be wildly successful at whatever you do.

Warm Regards,

Fabu

4. avatar
    Steve Lunceford December 3, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

Congrats on what’s next!

5. avatar
    Frank Gruber December 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

Wow, surprised by the news. It has been a pleasure working with you at iSL. Good luck on your next adventure! Can’t wait to hear more about it.

6. avatar
    Scott December 3, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Nothing good lasts forever! Wishing you the best my friend!!

7. avatar
    Kasandra December 4, 2012 at 6:30 am #

Wishing you well, Joe. I know you’ll knock ‘em dead with whatever is next! Tell Claire I said hello.

8. avatar
    Joe Corbett December 4, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

Thank you everyone for your incredibly kind words and support!